Are you suffering from back pain? Do you wake up in the morning feeling stiff and sore? Then an Inversion Therapy Table may be the answer for you. Inversion Therapy uses a flatbed feature that is padded and is connected to a metal frame with hinges. You step into the device, strap yourself in and slowly move the table so that it is in an upside down position. Let me help you find the best inversion table using inversion table reviews.
In theory, putting your body in an upside down position helps to take the pressure off the discs, bones and joints in your lower back. It is sometimes called gravitational traction.That is why this type of therapy may be the answer to your problems. It not only removes the pressure on your spine but can help to relax the muscles. Many people who have suffered with lower back pain have used this therapy and have found significant relief from the pain.
Best Inversion Table
Of all the options available, these three stand out based on durability, quality, brand reputation and real customer reviews.
[table id=5 /]
Inversion Table Reviews
Inversion Therapy uses the force of gravity on the body by elongating the spine and decompressing the discs and vertebra in your back. This can also help alleviate the pressure on your nerve roots and spinal cord’s ligaments. This process can also help with posture, circulation, muscle aches and stress.
Once you have decided to purchase an Inversion table you need to decide, which one out of hundreds of different kinds on the market today that will be best for you. After all now that you have made up your mind you want to buy the perfect one that fits your needs.
For your benefit we have listed the Top 5 Inversion tables with some of their many features to help you make that decision.
- Body Champ IT8070 Inversion Therapy Table: This device helps to elongate the spin as well as relaxes those tense back muscles. It has a lower spring-loaded pull pin that makes for easy adjustments around the ankles. The Body Champ has a height range of 4ft 7 in. to 6ft. 8 in. and a weight capacity of 250 lbs. This device has a safety strap that lets you change the inverting angles and special safety locks that keeps the whole thing secure. The flat bed part has these wonderful U-shaped handrails that help you when trying to lift up to its natural position. One great feature about this device is that it folds up for ease of transport and storage. With a cost of a little over $100.00 this is not only great for your back but also great for your wallet.
- Body Max IT6000 Inversion Therapy Table: This device can be used for stretching the spine and relaxing back muscles and comes with a deluxe dual-pin adjustment system that can handle heights of 4 ft. 8 in. to 6 ft. 3 in. It has a weight limit of 250 lbs. It has a lower spring-loaded pull pin for easy ankle adjustments as well as a safety strap that lets you control the inverting angles of the flat bed. It comes with superior safety locks that keep the bed secure so you do not have to worry about it moving when you don’t want it to. Another great feature with the Body Max is that it folds up for easy storage. The Body Max costs just a bit above $150.00 making it a grand choice for you.
- Ironman Gravity 4000 Inversion Table: This is a very sturdy device for stimulating circulation and reducing back stress, it comes with a steel frame that is tubular and has a powder-coated finish that makes it look extra classy. The legs have a strong non-skid rubber floor supports for safety and stability. It has a memory foam backrest with a removable lumbar pillow for your lower back. With ergonomically molded ankle cushions it is nothing but comfort all the way through. The Ironman can support up to 350 lbs. and has a height adjustment that reaches 6ft. 6in. With an adjustable safety tether strap that controls the maximum angle on the flat bed part and vinyl sided covers to protect fingers and hands this makes this the most safety conscious machine on today’s market. The Ironman Gravity costs just under $200.00 but with all the added features this is a fantastic value.
- Emer Deluxe Foldable Gravity Inversion Table for Back Therapy Exercise Fitness: The Emer Deluxe has a full 180 degree angle with a special feature to keep the flat bed part stable when you choose any available angle. It comes with an easy ankle lock and release system that makes it safe and secure when holding you in a hanging position at the 180 degree angle. It is adjustable for heights going from 4 ft. to 6 ½ ft. tall. It also has a weight capacity of 300 lbs. The Emer folds up easily so that you can store it away when not in use. Some additional benefits of using this machine are that it can help to develop core muscles through special exercises, and strengthen your ankles, knees and hips. Though the price is under $100.00 don’t let that fool you this is one of the best in the market today.
- Inversion Table Pro Deluxe Fitness Chiropractic Table Exercise back Reflexology: You can relieve the pressure on your nerve roots and discs and relieve the stress on you lower back with this great device. This can allow your discs to return to their original form and helps to recover lost moisture, it also fights compression fatigue. This heavy duty, steel frame can increase your body’s flexibility, helps your posture and increases the blood flow to you spine. The Pro Deluxe has nylon support pads that can be removed for easy cleaning and padded ankle clamps that holds you in one place in comfort. It can be set up easily and can be folded so that it can store anywhere in your home. At just around $200.00 this special Pro Deluxe Fitness is well worth the price with all of its many added safety features.
Just a note: If you suffer from high blood pressure, eye diseases (such as glaucoma) have heart disease or are pregnant you need to check with your doctor before you start an Inversion program. The first time anyone uses this type of therapy, you should have someone standing by just in case of any issues and to help you step out of the flatbed part.
With all the benefits of Inversion Tables you can see how this might be the right option for you. Imagine alleviating the pressure on your nerve roots and spinal cord ligaments, getting help with your posture, stimulating circulation, reducing muscle aches and stress. Using one of these devices can allow your discs to recover lost moisture due to injury and allows your discs to return to their original form. Don’t forget that some of them are great for exercising your back muscles as well as your core or abdominal muscles. It is just a matter of choosing the best Inversion Therapy table for you.
Here is how the inversion table works:
You climb on to the flatbed like feature while it is in an upright position and you strap your ankles down securely, slowly you tilt the table by lifting your arms above your head so that your head is going down and your feet are pointed up. Once you are in an upside position it helps to elongate the spine and decompress the vertebra and discs in your back. This is all done with gravity.
This position relieves the pressure on your spinal nerve roots as well as your spinal cord’s ligaments. This in turns helps to relax your muscles that support your vertebrae and as we all know once your muscles are relaxed your whole body will relax. The table also helps with posture and circulation problems.
Many times when a person is suffering from back discomfort they go to their doctor. Usually the doctor will suggest various ways to ease the pain. Some of these are special braces that help take the pressure off the spine, especially if the person needs to keep working. There is also physical therapy, where you go to a therapist and they put you through a series of exercises for weeks on end that help the muscles in your back become stronger.
Some other options include muscle relaxers, pain medication and attend units that send electrical impulses through your muscles. A lot depends on your personal needs and what is causing the discomfort. Depending on the situation a lot of these options may not work for you.
Inversion tables come in all shape and sizes.
- Some are constructed to handle more weight or height depending on the size that you are. This is useful because there is nothing worse than not being able to fit when doing therapy like this.
- Some are constructed for comfort with memory foam padding on the flatbed part itself. This really helps in the comfort department.
- Many tables have special hand bars to make it easier to pull yourself up after you have been upside down in this position for a while. For those of us in truly bad condition this is a huge help.
- These tables can also come with simple straps for your ankles to hold you in place with some requiring you to wear a boot or shoe while others have molded ankle holders that are specially designed to be sturdier and you do not have to wear anything on your feet.
- Some tables come with special stability bars at the bottom of them to help them to be studier while others are kept simple with just the standard legs and skid resistant features.
- A lot of these tables come with special features so you can control where the flatbed stops, so you are able to hang upside down at a 180 degree angle or at a 45 degree angle or anywhere in between.
- Simple tables like this can be used to decrease back pain, but some are more elaborate and are set up so you can actually do abdominal exercises and more, killing two birds with one stone. Calming the back pain and strengthen your muscles and core muscles as well.
- Almost all therapy tables are made so that they fold up for easy storage. This is a great feature for anyone living in an apartment or small home. They also fold up easily making it possible for anyone to set them up and put them away. That is a great feature considering most of us are using these devices to ease the pain.
Choosing the best Inversion Table can be a difficult choice.
There are literally hundreds to choose from. The best way to choose a therapy table is to decide which style will work best for your needs. Ask yourself some basic questions.
Are you looking for help with discomfort or are you looking at relieving the pain as well as exercising those muscles and abdominal muscles?
Are you a heavier person or an extremely tall person, this will help you decide which table is best for you, not only in weight limits and height limits but in the construction of the device. How sturdy is it?
Ease of use is also something to look for, if you do not move very well because of discomfort you suffer you may want something easy and simple to set up. You would not want something that would be too difficult for you to handle.
What do you want to spend on inversion therapy or what can you afford? The typical cost of a therapy table can be anywhere from $100.00 to $400.00. It all depends on what special features you may want and the quality put into the device itself. You can spend this much if not thousands of dollars on therapy with a therapist or going to see a chiropractor. This makes the inversion table a great value for anyone suffering with pain.
If you’re tired of suffering with back discomfort day in and day out, if you’re irritable and searching for some relief from that nagging stress, then the action to take would be to invest in one of these Inversion therapy tables as soon as possible.
Think of the possibilities, no more discomfort, the difference between getting up in the morning and being barely able to walk or getting up in the morning and having little or no pain. Think of the advantages like having the ability not only to relax the muscles in your back but also relax the muscles all over your body and in some cases you can even have the ability to build up your muscle strength to help alleviate further issues.
As you can see an Inversion table may be just what you need to alleviate the pain that you are suffering with, and it is a simple solution using gravity to take the stress off of your back. With so many different brands and styles you’re sure to find the right one to fit your needs.